Friday, December 17, 2010

TVD's Idelic Hour with Jon Sidel


Greetings from Laurel Canyon!


I'm writing to you tired and jet lagged as I just returned from a week's holiday in my home town of New York City. It was a week of time spent with family and freezing cold east coast weather. My big plan was to do the "family thing" before the holiday rush and so I can nestle into the canyon for Christmas week.



I guess in some roundabout way this Idelic holiday playlist came together much as families do for occasions. Although the cast of family characters may vary in age and style, there remains a strong connection that makes complete sense.

The intention is fairly simple—a New York holiday card in the form of a Christmas playlist. With a mix of old classics like Guaraldi, Lennon, and Waits that we can snuggle up to the yule time log with. I've added new favorites like Sean Rowe, Ivan & Alyosha, Beach House, Suffjan and even new PJ Harvey!

Have a warm, safe and "Idelic" holiday season. Hold your family, friends, and songs close.

So here's your Holiday Card, Merry Xmas!


THE IDELIC HIT OF THE WEEK: Ivan & Alyosha - "Glorify"




xosidealer

idelicsounds.com | @sidelic


No comments: