Wednesday, November 10, 2010

TVD Takeover Week | AM


AM returns to TVD today with another eclectic and obscure recommendation from his vinyl vault:

A few years ago I was in Seattle on a day off from touring. The band and I started scouring for record stores and we came upon a very small and humble place called...aggghhhh. I forgot. Which is really unfortunate because the guy that ran the place was really knowledgeable of his stock.

I went in looking for some 60's and 70's Italian soundtracks and he suggested I give a listen to a Turkish psychedelia record called Selda (known as Selda Bagcan - a 70's Turkish singer/songwriter). I bought that right away and noticed that it had been re-issued by a record company called Finders Keepers (run by uber collector Andy Votel and other worldly psych/folk/funk/jazz crate diggers.)

I've been buying much of what they have re-issued since which is how I knew The Sound of Wonder would be amazing...and it is. 60's and 70's psychedelic gems from Pakistan coined "Lollywood". It will blow your mind.

No comments: