Friday, October 15, 2010

TVD's Idelic Hour with Jon Sidel


Greetings from Laurel Canyon!

Ever since we crossed the millennium, consumer cycles seem to move at us so quickly. At some point a week or two ago, everything went orange and black. I looked Halloween up on Wikipedia, and was informed that the holiday is linked to Celtic festival of Samhain, marking the final harvest and end of the summer. It’s the celebration of moving from the “lighter half” to the “darker half” of the year.

I’ve always loved the month of October and I thought it would be an interesting idea to do something to get into the Halloween mood.

Over the years I’ve encountered a number of witches. I’ve always found them kind, although I caution anyone casually toying with the super natural. “Magic spells" need to be taken seriously. With flying broomsticks in mind I’m calling this week’s Idelic Hour, The Witching Hour.



More so than witches, warlocks, goblins and black cats, this week’s playlist is about a time of day, or should I say an hour of the evening when the world quiets down enough to let the supernatural exist.

Strangely “strange” indeed, but will our world of 2010 give these supernatural beings an hour? I thought I might try.

Best to be listen to by candle or moon light.
..


The Idelic Hit of the Week:

The Head And The Heart - Winter Song (Mp3)


xosidealer

idelicsounds.com | @sidelic


No comments: