Thursday, October 28, 2010

TVD Takeover Week | Diego Garcia


Our visit with Diego Garcia (and his record collection) continues this Thursday:


The Education of Diego | Part 4:
“The Sound, Sandro, and the Cello”

Back to Matisse:


“You must, when the time comes, change course, search for something new.“

So for the last four years I’ve been following my instincts in search for a new sound.

A sound that could properly deliver my message on love, or I should say the malady of love.

A sound only my story could tell.

Minor keys, cello, nylon guitars, light drums, and wooden tambourines would help create an environment for me to whisper the words into her ear…

“You will always live inside my heart in memories long after we’re apart.
Even when my days are long and dark, you will always live inside my heart.”


So with each new song, came a little healing, until eventually I started feeling “better.”


The irony is that as soon as I accepted closure, my heart opened up and the sound was born…

I was ready to love again.

A few records that helped along the way:

Sandro “Yo Te Amo”
He passed away earlier this year while we where in the studio. It made everything a bit more real…




Serge Gainsbourg “Le Poinconeur Des Lilas”




Leonardo Favio “Fuiste Mia Un Verano”





No comments: