Monday, September 13, 2010

The Vinyl District Takeover | Those Darlins


It’s often said that Spring is the time of renewal, yet Autumn brings with it its own share of rejuvenations, not the least of which are vinyl releases and tour schedules.

For Those Darlins, a band we’ve championed since way back when, Autumn – and specifically this pre-Fall week – brings both the release of their new 7” ‘Night Jogger’ to store shelves and the band to town on Wednesday night at the Black Cat.

With such an auspicious convergence of events, we thought we’d invite the Darlins over to ol’ TVD HQ and rummage through what the band listens to at home and on the road, courtesy of freshly minted and full-fledged new Darlin, Linwood Regensburg. (He’s the one easily identified in the photo up there.)

Later on today we’ll give you an opportunity to win the 7” and some tickets to Wednesday night’s show with Strange Boys and Gentleman Jessie & His Men, but for now we’re turning over the reigns to Linwood—all week it’s Those Darlins Vinyl District. —Ed.


When was the last time you called your friend and said, "Hey bring your laptop over and lets have beers and listen to some MP3's?"

Believe me, I'm not the kind who's totally denying the now, but I can't help but continually steep in the old. I don't have an ipod, and my computer rarely works, making vinyl the main means for turning on. Unless of course, you're interested in making me a mixtape?

LUVS From the Modern World.......list of new shit I like.

Sonny and the Sunsets - Tomorrow Is Alright | I got this record for my birthday, and thank god for birthdays. "Too Young too Burn" knocked me out the first time I put that on.

Strange Boys - Be Brave | We're on tour with these guys as we speak. I hope it never ends.



Magic Kids - Hey Boy b/w Good To Be (7")
| The Kids just released their full length "Memphis" a few weeks ago. If you can get your hands on their debut single put out by Goner, dooo it. The primera versions of "Hey Boy" and "Good to Be" blow me away. Total wall of lo fi magic recorded by the Magic Kids themselves.


The Soft Pack - The Soft Pack | Some people still can't get over the fact that they changed their name from the Muslims to the Soft Pack. Who cares. Their drummer, Brian, is one of my favorites. Now he plays standing up.

Jeffrey Novak | Jeffreys got another solo record "Baron in the Trees" coming out in 2010, until the enjoy last years "After the Ball."

Best Coast - I read that Bill Murray likes Best Coast.


Sonny and the Sunsets - Too Young To Burn (Mp3)

The Soft Pack - Mexico (Mp3)
Best Coast - When I'm With You (Mp3)

No comments: