Friday, September 3, 2010

TVD's Idelic Hour with Jon Sidel


Greetings from Laurel Canyon!

Labor Day weekend marks a cool time to slow down on the work and take few days of recreation with friends and family. I’ve been feeling the winds of heavy change and need a break before getting back to the “heavy lifting” of 2010.

When I started thinking about what the concept of the word “labor” meant to me, I couldn’t help thinking about a couple of must see bands blowing through town last week. I saw Black Mountain play a killer set at the Bootleg Theatre. The band’s new LP sounds amazing and they have been consistently (along with side project Pink Mountaintops, Blood Meridian, etc.) one of my favorite new bands of the last 5 years.






On Saturday, rock n roll impresario Sean Carlson throws his annual Fuck Yeah Festival, whose line up is incredible and diverse. Sean’s got a bill of who’s who on the indie circuit. Indeed the day will be heavy for “heads.”

The two bands that I’m really looking forward to are OFF!! and the musical muse for this week’s Idelic Hour, the legendary Sleep from San Jose Califonia. OMFG these two will crush….



The Idelic Hit of the Week:
Black Mountain - Old Fangs (Mp3)

xosidealer

idelicsounds.com | @sidelic



No comments: