Thursday, June 3, 2010

TVD Recommends | Moneytown, Friday (6/4) at its NEW Location - Little Miss Whiskey’s Golden Dollar


Man, you cannot go wrong with our friend DJ Nitekrawler's Moneytown. I say it over and over again to anyone who digs SOUL with the capital 'S' or FUNK with the cap 'F' — GO.

In fact I said to him, send me over a LP cover that I can add to the top of this post and he nearly 'sonned' me. "Son, it's all 45's."

Which I respect with the cap 'R' of course.


Nitekrawler gives us the details:


Moneytown will be returning to DC starting June 4th at it's new home: Little Miss Whiskey’s Golden Dollar (1104 H Street NE Washington DC), w/ guest: DJ Gordy G. (PA)

The night will still be occurring every 1st Friday, the talented DJ Guests and overall vibe will remain constant, but the new venue will add to that with a much better sound system, more dance floor space, a way better beer selection plus beer specials, and even a BBQ chef in the rear courtyard!

For the kick-off event I'm bringing down the heat, aka Pittsburgh's number one Northern Soul DJ, Gordy G.! Gordy has been involved in multiple high profile PGH parties including "Viper's Soul Club" and now the tremendously successful "Titletown." He regularly guests at soul parties from Ohio to Michigan. Now you get a chance to hear him kill it along side myself on the LMW wheels of steel. Will be a fantastic time, just DO NOT forget to tie those dancing shoes TIGHT.

Even if you can't make it, you MUST download:
The Moneytown Promo Mix (Mp3)
Authorized for download!

No comments: