Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TVD Back to the Old House

Wanna know what the earliest tip-off was that something was amiss in my Mom’s home upon first inspection last week?

There was a vinyl record out of its sleeve among a stack of books and paperwork on the kitchen table that doubled as my mom’s desk in a way. There it was, just slid into the pile of stuff. A naked LP.

I went on yesterday about my mom’s musical inclinations, but my dad who wasn’t a musician was a bit of an audiophile in the era of reel to reel tapes and LPs. And man, did I ever get an education as to how to hold the LP by the edges and how to set it upon the spindle as to not scratch the label. And to how gracefully, set the needle down and then later how to properly return the record to its sleeve and refile. Alphabetically, of course.

So, yea. That LP wedged into a pile of books and magazines. Something was clearly amiss.



The Chameleons - Home Is Where The Heart Is (Mp3)
Jellyfish - I Wanna Stay Home (Mp3)
Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes - I Don't Want to Go Home (Mp3)
The Elected - Not Going Home (Mp3)
Danny Wilson - I Won't Be Here When You Get Home (Mp3)

No comments: