Monday, July 13, 2009

TVD Aches

My old landlord Big Andy would tell you I made a pretty solid career of it a while back. Red wine, brooding candles, late nights, quiet music played loudly. And nightly.

You dredge up more with angst and ache than on the dance floor I’ve always thought. Little pin pricks of emotive melodies that’d do a porcupine proud. Triumphs, disappointments, loss. Impossible situations work themselves free. A bellyful of ache becomes a sweet soup for two. And gee—look...the wall needs to be painted.

So, hey... take a seat. I’ll slide over. Might as well open another bottle. We’re in for a long night.


Grant Lee Buffalo - Jupiter And Teardrop.mp3
King L - That's How It Works.mp3
Magnet - Deadlock (It's Over).mp3
The Longpigs - Dozen Wicked Words.mp3
Bee and Flower - I Know Your Name (Mp3)

1 comment:

luiz said...

Thanks for reminding me of "Jupiter and Teardrop"-- one of my favorite GLB songs, although I haven't listened to it in a while. I saw GLB years ago, opening for REM, and the arena was still pretty empty when they took the stage, but when they started playing "Jupiter and Teardrop" as the very first thing, I let out a resounding "wohoo!" that echoed around the place.