Friday, November 14, 2008

TVD's Parting Shots

Strange...I'd thought I'd hear plenty hue and cry due to not including Phil Spector among TVD's list of Best Producers. Ever. But nary a hue nor a cry.To avert any uneasyness however, ladies and gents, The Wall of Sound:

The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home) (Mp3)
The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me (Mp3)
The Ronettes - Be My Baby (Mp3)
Darlene Love - Christmas Baby (Please Come Home) (Mp3)
The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (Mp3)
Ike and Tina Turner - River Deep-Mountain High (Mp3)
John Lennon - Instant Karma (Mp3)
The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road (Mp3)
George Harrison - What Is Life (Mp3)
The Ramones - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (Mp3)

6 comments:

twopalmtrees said...

Dang! I was hoping it was going to be Martin Rushent at number 1.

Jon said...

Ah, yes. What good taste you have...but I'd be hard pressed to put him over George Martin.

That said, there are quite a few others I could have included in a top 10 or 15 list including Martin Rushent, John Leckie, Todd Rundgren...the list goes on...

Mick said...

I've enjoyed your Producer series and agree that Martin Rushent, John Leckie and Todd Rundgren all deserve a shout.

I'm being a bit picky here but if I were to compile a list of great Phil Spector productions I don't think I would include his dreadful work on 'The Long and Winding Road'.

Good work anyway.

Mick the Grouch

Anonymous said...

I debated that one myself, Mick. It IS an achievement however that he was trusted by 3/4 of The Beatles with the tapes....

Mick said...

Yes but Macca was right...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps...