Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TVD's Daily Wax | Oasis "Definitely Maybe"

...and this is the one that kicked it all into high gear for me. Yet just as I was getting Liam's snarl right ("...live foreverrrghrr...") I was in the murky hotbed that is/was New Orleans for the Jazz Festival and quite ready to sever off a digit if it meant that I'd be able to hear something or some band with an English accent through the din of what I like to call 'Cajun Polka'. As it was, out of desperation, I was indeed forced to sheer off the legs from my pants into shorts and the arms from my black shirts into short sleeve shirts on this, my first trip down thea'. Place gets damn hot, it does.

For the life of me I can't figure out why debuts don't arrive like this one any longer--all cool amidst the heat.


Oasis - Live Forever (Mp3)
Oasis - Rock 'n' Roll Star (Mp3)
Oasis - Shakermaker (Mp3)
Oasis - Slide Away (Mp3)
Oasis - Supersonic (Mp3)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this album and Live Forever has yet to get old for me. For years if I wanted to get pumped up before hitting the streets, this was the last song I'd play before leaving my apartment.
Strange how these songs are so full of energy and excitement, yet live Oasis is one of the more lifeless and boring acts I've seen.
Noah

Anonymous said...

Agree with Noah- Oasis live are dull as f*ck. Really Oasis seem to have traded their promise when the Liam and Noel traded in their band for their hired-hand bass and guitar players. This is a band that sold 60 million of their first 3 albums then 7 million of their next 4... Of course we can expect Noel to tell us on nme.com that their next album is, "their best yet". F*ck off, I hate you Oasis. Shamus

Hanan said...

one of my favourite debuts.

I <3 Oasis

Underneaththeskyoftunes said...

Wow. What a dipshit. Hired-hand bass and guitar players? What does that even mean? Wasn't Robert Plant brought into Zeppelin as a hired-hand singer?

Arthurs and Guigs left the band bro. What were they doing to do?