Friday, June 11, 2010

TVD's The Idelic Hour with Jon Sidel


Idelic “Free-Fest” | Greetings from Laurel Canyon... I woke this morning feeling this weekend’s festivities in the air. I turned on the TV and watched South Africa play the 1st game of The World Cup. I’m comforted by waking to the fact that somewhere in the world there are people having a great time together. Whether it’s under the pretext of sport or music, I’m in, let’s party!

OK, come on—just give me a fucking world wide “group hug”!! I need it! Well, don’t we all?

This week’s Idelic Hour salutes all of you who are packing your knapsack and making it to one of 2010’s summer rock festivals. As I write many of you are at Bonnaroo reaching for your sun block and rolling papers. This week’s Idelic Hour Playlist features songs by four killer live acts that hit Bonnaroo stages today: The Black Keys, Dr. Dog, The Gossip, and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros will all “blow minds.”

Also weighing in heavy on this week’s mix, Glastonbury, the festival with the most outrageous variety of sound. Vintage Os Mutantes, Candi Station, and Ray Davies mix with new favorites Ariel Pink, Tung, and Blitzen Trapper.

Push play, hug your neighbor, have a blast!

xosidealer
idelicsounds.com | @sidelic

The Idelic Hour [6/11/2010] (Mp3, 86Mg)

No comments: