Friday, June 11, 2010
In February of this year we were on the road with two great bands, Editors and The Antlers. I thought it would be a cool idea to buy at least one record in every city that we played in.
Our first show was at the Warfield in San Fransisco. We all decided to check out the famous Ameoba Records on Haight St. I picked up The Velvet Underground (self titled), CCR Chronicles Vol. 2, and a Duane Eddy album. I was inspired to get the Duane Eddy album from my uncle who I met on tour for the first time in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
After a long morning of playin old tapes in the garage and singin songs, he scared us all away after he busted through the door with his revolver and said "If you really wanna get serious, this will bust a hole in an engine block!"
Some of the other great records I picked up along the way are 'Tattoo You' by the Stones and 'Hospice' by The Antlers.
—Erick Eiser, Keyboards, Guitar
The Dig's Top 20 Tracks Right ...Now:
1. Ebony Eyes - Stevie Wonder
2. Don't Fence Me In - Bing Crosby
3. Shop Around - Smokey Robinson
4. Poison Cup - M. Ward
5. She's Not There - The Zombies
6. Tomorrow In Her Eyes - Ron Sexsmith
7. Yer Blues - The Beatles
8. So Far Away - Dire Straits
9. Going Home - Dan Auerbach
10. Can't Control Myself - The Troggs
11. For Your Precious Love - Otis Redding
12. Hell is Chrome - Wilco
13. Drain You - Nirvana
14. All I've Gotta Do - The Beatles
15. No Particular Place To Go - Chuck Berry
16. No Fun - The Stooges
17. Ape Man - The Kinks
18. Miss Maybelle - R L Burnside
19. Come On In My Kitchen - Robert Johnson
20. Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan
Dire Straits - So Far Away (Mp3)
The Beatles - Yer Blues (Mp3)
Nirvana - Drain You (Mp3)
Posted by Jon at 10:17 AM