Thursday, February 4, 2010
I admit that it's not so easy to come up with an angle for these contests each week. I mean, why bother making it difficult? We want to put tickets in your hands - we don't need you jumping through any hoops.
But this week, we kinda do.
The mighty Solar Powered Sun Destroyer plays the Rock and Roll Hotel Friday night (2/5) and we've got a pair of tickets to give away—along with a SPSD T-shirt, a CD Package, and some stickers for good measure.
But, as I mentioned, it's not going to be your typical call and response contest. The band's assembled five questions to inspire your entries in the comments section to this post. The smartest and perhaps the most accurate comment takes home the prizes.
The questions are:
1. All five members of Solar Powered Sun Destroyer have been associated with other bands and acts—name three of their other musical projects.
2. Every member of Solar Powered Sun Destroyer owns an LP from one particular band—which band?
3. There is a picture floating around of a member of SPSD wearing a Solar Powered Sun Destroyer shirt posing with a celebrity—who is the celebrity?
4. If Rambo owed you a big personal favor and would even take someone out for you—who would it be, and how would he do it?
5. Write a Haiku using the words Solar Powered Sun Destroyer in it.
You've got until Friday at noon to solve one or more of these head-scratchers. We're choosing our winner then and leave us some contact info!
Solar Powered Sun Destroyer - The Roulette Year (Mp3)
Solar Powered Sun Destroyer - Ghost Light (Mp3)
Solar Powered Sun Destroyer - Intromission (Mp3)
Posted by Jon at 1:36 PM