Friday, October 29, 2010

TVD Takeover Week | Diego Garcia


Our week with Diego Garcia draws to a close...


The Education of Diego | Part 5:
“Iggy, Julio, and Separate Lives….”

Iggy Pop released the album Preliminaries in 2009. An album he sang in French in which he “after 40 years, could finally release his inter-continental.”

He goes on to say he could try to write and record something like “Search and Destroy” but it wouldn’t be as good.

I’m no Iggy Pop my friends, but I can relate…

I just couldn’t wait 40 years to make this album.


My new record is done….

The Girls Are Yours

Nine songs on the malady of love.

Before I wrap up, I'll leave you with a a few clips:

One from a young Julio Iglesias.

It’s a recording of his song “Gwendolyne” for the Eurovision song contest that broke his career back in 1970. Three years later he would be world famous.


It shows a side of Julio I’m sure many of you have never seen. One in which he is still vulnerable. In which he is very much “there.”

Before the tux and the tan.




And a live video for my song “Separate Lives” shot a few months back on the rooftop of the Standard Hotel, Los Angeles.

The song deals with an old story that everyone has lived….

It's direct.

I love you. You love me. We were one.

And then, as it always does, life separates the two lovers…

Expect the new album early next year..

I'm sure well see each other soon.

All the love,

Diego

No comments: