Friday, July 24, 2009

TVD's Parting Shots

I played drums for a number of years and like to think I’ve gotten to be a good time keeper, but alas I nearly missed it this week – TVD turned two.

I was rereading last year’s ‘we turned one’ post last night, which if you’re sorta new here, you may want to give a once-over in regard to back story and how the minute and thirty seconds you spend with us each day came to pass.

In fact, read it twice because very little of my sentiments have changed to any degree beyond being in awe that the blog is still clicking along after so many weeks and this being the 900th post.

I don’t think I look for any affirmation from this endeavor although it has come along in varying guises—Best Blog lists, Record Fairs, and being named the official blog for Record Store Day 2009. I often wonder what if I didn’t wake up that Sunday morning two years ago and begin tinkering with Blogspot and slapped the first incarnation of TVD together? What if I just rolled over and and kept dreaming?

For now though, here’s ten from the past two that struck a chord.


Guillemots - Get Over It (Mp3)
David Vandervelde - Nothin' No (Mp3)
The Dig - She's Going To Kill That Boy (Mp3)
Action Painters - 456 (Mp3)
I Am Kloot - Over My Shoulder (Mp3)
Starling Electric - Black Ghost/Black Girl (Mp3)
MGMT - Electric Feel (Mp3)
The Martial Arts - Summer Tweed (Mp3)
The Changes - Her, You And I (Mp3)
The Joy Formidable - The Greatest Light is the Greatest Shade (Mp3)

8 comments:

davyh said...

Glad you didn't roll over.

Jon said...

Thanks Mr. H. (...AND I think that's your Guillemots Mp3! So, let's hear it for reciprocity...)

davyh said...

WooHOO!

dickvandyke said...

Very many happy returns Jon.

You're still the pathfinder for many.

Love and respect

Uncle E said...

Happy B-Day!!!

Jon said...

Thanks so much you guys...

3-Pin said...

Jon - HBD to TVD. Congratulations for being around twice as long now. Looking forward to the next year.

Unknown said...

Congrats and always happy to hear that Changes masterpiece.