Wednesday, October 8, 2008

TVD's Parting Shots

Yep, we're locking up and turning off the lights a little bit early this week. TVD heads to New Orleans today to scout out the Bayou's vinyl stores and go toe-to-toe with the crocs. (And I don't mean the shoes this time - real gators. In the swamps! No joke!) In the meantime, a petit playlist for you to two-step to in my absence. A soundtrack for hangovers indeed...

See ya' back here Monday!


Professor Longhair - Tipitina (Mp3)
Ellis Marsalis - Dr. Jazz (Mp3)
Sonny Landreth - South Of I-10 (Mp3)
Charmaine Neville Band - The Right Key But The Wrong Keyhole (Mp3)
Little Richard - Rip It Up (Mp3)
Walter "Wolfman" Washington - Tailspin (Mp3)
Lloyd Price - Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Mp3)
Mem Shannon and the Membership - S.U.V. (Mp3)
Louis Armstrong & His Dixieland Seven - Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans (Mp3)
Fats Domino - Walkin' To New Orleans (Mp3)

7 comments:

davyh said...

I had a great night at Preservation Hall all of 21 years ago - sheesh, time I went back huh?

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

TVD, There are no Crocs in La. only gatorssss.....

Dan said...

I'm going to NO on Weds. I'm from MY and this is my first time there.

Thanks for the soundtrack for my trip!!!

Miss Parker said...

I hope you have a fab time! I'm looking forward to a trip to the gulf side of FL week after next. Hope to sopt a few gators on the trip over through the 'glades. :-)

Don't eat too many beignets! :-)

Miss Parker said...

sopt=spot

Jon said...

Indeed there WERE gators spotted...evidence to follow...

Dan said...

How was your trip? I loved New Orleans! Can't wait to go back!

BTW - my comment above should have said that I am from NY, not MY