Wednesday, October 29, 2008

TVD's Daily Wax | Prefab Sprout "Jordan: The Comeback"

So, I railed pretty hard against the Pitchfork and Stereogum artists yesterday and I've given it some time since then, ...thought it over, ...allowed cooler heads to prevail ...and well--nothing's changed. In fact, I probably didn't express my disdain enough.

But if you really wanna get ticked off, try heading over to RollingStone.com or picking up their dead tree edition. To the Pitchgummer's credit, at least they're TRYING to tap into new talent. The 'Stoners can't even nail that one down and actually let the PitchGum network do all the leg-work to parse the alt-indie school kids. By the time Rolling Stone's got the up-and-clubbers anywhere on their radar, they've been built up and torn down by the same machinery that denounces and picks apart their very success. Maddening.

All of which to say, we've got new feature here at TVD which we call -- oh,... wait...that'd be getting ahead of myself now, wouldn't it?

For now, a bit of good news: Prefab Sprout will release a new album in the early part of next year. The album, the band's first since 2001, has the tentative title 'Let's Change the World With Music - The Blueprint' and will include songs with the working titles 'Let There Be Music', 'God Watch Over You', and 'The Last Of The Great Romantics'. (via Remember The 80's.)


Prefab Sprout - Wild Horses (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - We Let The Stars Go (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - Paris Smith (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - The Wedding March (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - Doo Wop In Harlem (Mp3)

3 comments:

Greer said...

I'm terribly excited about this and at the same time almost afraid to let myself believe it's true, but it was also up on the Kitchenware site last week so... fingers crossed. There's been so many rumors about Paddy's ill health that I was afraid we had all we were going to get.

I'm not good about commenting regularly but I really am a big fan, thanks for everything.

Uncle E said...

It's about freakin' time, eh? Is Thomas Dolby producing the new one, do you know? Hope so. His presence was a good thing for SMQ and Jordan. That, and some really great tunes, of course.

Anonymous said...

After their last album- basically a Paddy solo release, I remain guardedly pessimistic. I want to second the hope that Thomas Dolby's producing. I irregularly check his blog- perhaps I'll head over their and check, Shamus