Friday, June 20, 2008

TVD's Weekend Shots

A dip into the ol' indie/post punk grab bag supplies your Weekend Shots and foretells a bit of the goings on for next week as well--some off the beaten path selections, none older than these tracks. 80's fans take note...

Half Man Half Biscuit - Trumpton Riots (Mp3)
Goodbye Mr. McKenzie - The Rattler (Mp3)
His Latest Flame - Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt (Mp3)
The Very Things - This Is Motortown (Mp3)
The Primitives - Really Stupid (Mp3)
The Flatmates - I Could Be In Heaven (Mp3)
The Chesterfields - Completely And Utterly (Mp3)
Close Lobsters - I'm Going To Heaven (Mp3)
The Mekons - Hello Cruel World (Mp3)
All About Eve - In The Clouds (Mp3)

7 comments:

Davy H said...

The Flatmates! My good friends in West London nearly band Big Boy Tomato considered them a major influence. Music to drink strong cider to (if it did not make me hurl).

Next week sounds full of promise...

The Vinyl District said...

Full of promise...or full of crap. It's a fine, fine line.

I Am Not The Beatles said...

*pops over from Micks*

Goodbye Mr Mackenzie and The Primitives? Is your blog haunted ?

Ian TB
x

Anonymous said...

I still love The Primatives tune Crash, and consider one the finer moments in POP! Shamus

rickdog said...

You have a great music blog here! I've added you to my mp3blog list and custom search, check it out.

I've collected over 5,000 mp3blog links, accessible from the alpha menu at page top. You can open frames on these blogs to view them directly on my site, and you can also view the feeds in a frame.

You can search your blog and all the others in my custom google search:

Rickdog's MP3blog search
http://chewbone.blogspot.com/2008/03/mp3-blog-search-results.html

ib said...

"Trumpton Riots" = class.

Dave Cooper said...

The Close Lobsters should have been huge.
Life isn't fair!