Friday, October 12, 2007

TVD's Weekend Shots



Fifteen (count 'em - fifteen) tracks from Universal's 1999 set: 1 2 3 4 Punk and New Wave 1976-1979:

The Lurkers - Shadow (Mp3)
Eater - Thinkin' Of the USA (Mp3)
The Nosebleeds - Ain't Bin to No Music School (Mp3)
Sham 69 - Borstal Breakout (Mp3)
Suburban Studs - I Hate School (Mp3)
Menace - G.L.C (Mp3)
The Adverts - One Chord Wonders (Mp3)
Chelsea - Right to Work (Mp3)
The Killjoys - Johnny Won't Get To Heaven (Mp3)
The Drones - Bone Idol (Mp3)
Slaughter - Where Have All The Boot Boys Gone (Mp3)
UK Subs - C.I.D. (Mp3)
The Wasps - Can't Wait 'Til '78(Mp3)
Subway Sect - Ambition (Mp3)
The Saints - (I'm) Stranded (Mp3)

A 5-CD (I know, I know...) boxed set compilation of punk/new wave songs. Probably the most comprehensive and definitive punk collection - certainly the most lavishly packaged. The 100 tracks are spread over 5 CDs, each in its own cardboard envelope. The 5 envelopes can be put together to make one big picture. There is a booklet with a general introduction, followed by one page for each of the 100 tracks, containing information on the artist and recommendations of which of their records to buy. The booklet has 4 silver badges on the cover, and they poke through the front of the box to provide the title ("1 2 3 4").

1 comment:

Reya Mellicker said...

Isn't it bizarre to think of punk music as middle aged? Only middle aged music becomes a boxed set of CD's. Gosh.

Great to hear the Chelsea song. I haven't listened to punk/new age in so long. I believe it was after a Cramps show in 1988 that I finally realized I had tinitus. Ten years of loud music will do that to a person, but it was worth it.

Very cool! Thank you.