Friday, October 12, 2007

TVD's Morning Wax



The rerelease of the Sprout's Thomas Dolby-produced "Steve McQueen" has had me rethinking the LP recorded after "McQueen" but released after their biggest commercial success "From Langley Park to Memphis." For me, this is where it all gels...not over-produced, less saccharine, and actually consistent from track to track. As much as I do adore "McQueen", it falls apart on side two for me...not here however.

Prefab Sprout - The World Awake (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - Life Of Surprises (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - Wicked Things (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - Dublin (Mp3)
Prefab Sprout - Pearly Gates (Mp3)

2 comments:

adam said...

I'm still a SWOON boy but these are lovely - it's a very good album.

Anonymous said...

Always wondered how this one got passed over... It was simply brilliant. And, has aged well, very well.

-Shamus