Tuesday, December 21, 2010

TVD's 2010 | A few of our favorite things...


Far and away, our favorite feature for 2010 has become Friday afternoon's "The Idelic Hour with Jon Sidel"—TVD's weekly podcast from Jon's studio in Laurel Canyon, CA. I was waxing nostalgic last April about the lack of freeform radio on the radio dial in general, and like a karmic affirmation, Jon walked into the picture to deliver just that, each week here at TVD.

Jon has this unique ability to pair new music with older, classic tracks putting both in fresh perspective. I can't tell you how often I've re-appreciated something or finally 'got' some band beyond the hype in the press. As has been said to me which I'll reiterate, Jon's taste is impeccable.

While our 2010 retrospective is TVD's last full week for the year, Jon will have a podcast this coming Thursday and next Thursday to kick you in gear for New Year's Eve.

This morning I'd thought we'd repost a recent Idelic Hour along with a few of Jon's previous "Hits of the Week" which come tagged onto each Friday's post.

For now, we leave you in capable hands...



Turbo Fruits - Mama's Mad Cos I Fried My Brain (Mp3)
Best Coast - Boyfriend (Mp3)
Kurt Vile - In My Time (Single Edit) (Mp3)
OFF! - Upside Down (Mp3)
The Fling - The Breaks (Mp3)
Alexander - Truth (Mp3)

No comments: