Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TVD Takeover | Jesca Hoop


Jesca Hoop's Favorite Records on Vinyl
:

Kate Bush - The Dreaming: I particularly love 'The Dreaming' because it is totally mad and completely original.

Led Zeppelin - 1, 2, 3: These records were the sound track to my high school years.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon: I found this one in my brother's collection when I was 18. It was a perfect complement to my new found fondness for recreational drugs.

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk: Thanx to my Dad I grew up on 'Rumors.' It wasn’t till later that I found 'Tusk.' The band sounds like they are going nuts on this record. You can hear how much fun they are having.

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark and Song For A Sea Gull: I think these records are an essential for any young woman. They are such good mood records. I would draw, sip tea, sit by the fire, and gaze while listening to these records.

Tom Waits - Mule Variations: This is my favorite of all of the Waits records.

The Beatles - White Album and Rubber Soul: I was one of those kids who wasn’t allowed to listen to The Beatles. My mother wouldn’t let me....so discovering The Beatles records beyond HELP was a delicious off limits treat.

The Shins - Wincing the Night Away: Oddly enough it is rare that I like a new band enough to buy their record. The Shins are an one a few exceptions. This record was hugely refreshing.


Led Zeppelin I Can't Quit You Baby (Mp3)
Pink Floyd - The Great Gig In The Sky (Mp3)
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk (Mp3)
The Beatles - Girl (Mp3)
The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Mp3)

1 comment:

mmrules said...

Great songs..
Why couldn't u listen to The Beatles ?
That sounds medieval..
Anyhoo.. :)