Thursday, February 25, 2010

WTVD | Freeform Programming with Jon Sidel


I’m feeling a little bit Yoko Ono today.

If you’ve followed her career or even her Twitter postings, there’s an odd ability for some forest through the trees-type thinking, albeit typically couched is some New Age-isms. Minus the latter portion there, I’m thinking I’m on to something by just being able to toss it out on here and have it coincidently make it’s existence known.

Now, I don’t know Jon Sidel personally although we’ve exchanged a bunch of emails this week and last. We’re both products of the New York City area and its sensibilities, not the least of which is radio and its intonations as we were growing up.

Me? I started a blog about vinyl and record stores. Sidel’s got a radio show.

And it’s just the type of show I was pining for earlier this week. To my ears, his taste is music is impeccable and the show is immediate and personal just like the radio of our East Coast-loving roots.

Jon’s show can be heard on KCRW internet radio and I’m happy to announce that each week, TVD will be making a podcast of his show available right here for your office cube or Bat Cave.

So, to get you up to speed, we’ve got two previous shows posted below and Jon’ll be back tomorrow with his newest one.

Now, let’s see...what else can I make happen here by merely posting it?



The Idelic Hour [2/9/2010] (Mp3, 86Mg)
The Idelic Hour [2/15/2010] (Mp3, 86Mg)

No comments: