Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TVD Previews The Washington, DC Record Fair, Sunday (10/4) at Comet Ping Pong

Allow me to offer a brief apology to DC’s independent record shops: I haven’t graced your doorways in a while. I’m ashamed and I apologize.

Oh, it’s not for not wanting to, or should I say needing to. It’s a balm to my psyche to be thumbing through your stacks of sheathed LPs.

It’s that, well...as we’ve been planning the 3rd installment of The Washington DC Record Fair this coming Sunday at Comet Ping Pong, I’ve felt the need to keep my wallet close by my side. I mean, I know what we have planned and the expectations for my bank account are grand, indeed.

So, Red Onion, Som, Smash, Crooked Beat...I love you – I really do. But I’ll be speed dating with 25 vendors from all across the East Coast on Sunday.

Like the dirty, filthy, vinyl whore that I am.

In the meantime, I’m looking for a cheap hookup with these on vinyl. Show me the goods.



999 - Emergency (Mp3)
Life Without Buildings - The Leanover (Mp3)
Flamin' Groovies - Shake Some Action (Mp3)
Eddie & the Hot Rods - Do Anything You Wanna Do (Mp3)
Robert Wyatt - The Wind Of Change (Mp3)

(Image courtesy DCist photographer Jeff Martin from the last DC Record Fair. Thanks guys!)

No comments: