Thursday, March 12, 2009

TVD Victory Lap | Ian Dury

Although you think I'm sleeping as you get set to leave
I can see your shadow packing from underneath my sleeve
I swore I'd never live without your constant company
Tomorrow's empty bedroom would be the death of me

Times you tried to tell me, today was not our day
Would see me in a fury, or begging you to stay
When you told me there was someone else, self pity filled my mind
Mocking my assurance and leaving sense behind

I'll keep the changes to myself, no chance that you'll respond
So clear was my reflection, I couldn't see beyond
And now you'll go and maybe so, I'll always be the same
Well thanks for looking in on me, I'm really glad you came

Now there's both sets of keys on the dresser and only one pair of shoes on the floor
Of the cases on top of the cupboard - there's two where there used to be four
Some sizable gaps in the bathroom and your presence is felt all the more

Although you think I'm sleeping as you get ready to leave
I can see your shadow packing from underneath my sleeve
And there you go and yes I know, I'll always be the same
Well thanks for looking in on me - I'm really glad you came
'Cos it was good, wasn't it?


Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick (Mp3)
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (Mp3)
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - I'm Partial To Your Abracadabra (Mp3)
Ian Dury - Spasticus (Autisticus) [Version] (Mp3)
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Reasons To Be Cheerful, Pt. 3 (Mp3)

No comments: