Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TVD On The Radio

"By day and night, fancy electronic dishes
are trained on the heavens.
They are listening for smudged echoes
of the moment of creation.
They are listening for the ghost of a chance.
They may help us make sense of who we are
and where we came from;
and, as a compassionate side effect,
teach us that nothing is ever lost.

So... I rake the sky.
I listen hard.
I trawl the megahertz.
But the net isn't fine enough,
and I miss you
- a swan sailing between two continents,
a ghost immune to radar.

Still, my eyes are fixed upon
the place I last saw you,
your signal urgent but breaking,
before you became cotton in a blizzard,
a plane coming down behind enemy lines."


Ryuichi Sakamoto & David Sylvian - Forbidden Colors (Live) (Mp3)
Andrew Bird - Plasticities (Mp3)
Athlete - Airport Disco (Mp3)
Dali's Car - Create and Melt (Mp3)
Snowden - Chin Up (Mp3)

4 comments:

davyh said...

I have to ration 'Megahertz'. Too, too sad.

davyh said...

PS: That live version of 'Forbidden Colo(u)rs' is just lovely. Lawdy, I love Sylvian's voice.

WarmWind said...

I gobbled up this Ryuichi Sakamoto. Thank you!

Stevie said...

Missed it..any chance of reposting the Sylvian/Sakamoto live gem? Many thanks. (solongsoho@hotmail.co.uk)