Wednesday, August 20, 2008

TVD's Daily Wax | Tegan and Sara "So Jealous"

OK, so - put your fingers realll close together without them touching. Alright, now closer. Closerrr. Now, see that space right there that remains between your fingers? In THERE exists my taste in music amid the entire universe of what's out there. (I like to think there's still a universe within that space, but still.) So, imagine my surprise when a tune on the RADIO no less, stops me in my tracks for a swoon, all 1979 New Wave-like. "Walking With A Ghost". I walked around like a zombie (and a ghost) singing this to myself for WEEKS. And the whole record's damn good too. Those Quinn sisters got it.

Tegan and Sara - I Bet It Stung (Mp3)
Tegan and Sara - Walking With A Ghost (Mp3)
Tegan and Sara - You Wouldn't Like Me (Mp3)
Tegan and Sara - Downtown (Mp3)
Tegan and Sara - We Didn't Do It (Mp3)

6 comments:

Aya Amurjuev said...

That was deep, Robert! There indeed exists a whole universe in there, and we are priveleged to have you share it with us :)

Jon said...

But waaait -- I'm Jon! ha...

Aya Amurjuev said...

Color me extremely embarrassed and chalk it up to commenting before I've had my morning coffee. Sorry Jon, I don't know what came over me, my bad :(

Jon said...

...awash in TVD enthusiasm, perhaps?

Aya Amurjuev said...

Well, THAT goes without saying, as always! ;)

Aya Amurjuev said...

I was never a fan of Tegan and Sara, but I decided to give them another chance after your review. I downloaded "Walking With A Ghost" and listened to it multiple times. Now I can admit how right you are. It's an irrepressible tune, one of those earworms that bores into you when you least expect it. Good song Jon, thanks for sharing it!