Friday, May 2, 2008

TVD's Weekend Shots


The hand-wringing...the tears...the sleepless nights--all to conjure up this list o' TVD's Top Ten Crowded House Tunes in preparation for tonight's 9:30 show. And if anyone REALLY cares, this wasn't all that easy -- so many great songs, so small a list. And they're more of the darker variety (TVD = miserable f'er.) and not ONE from 'Woodface.' Go figure. So, we'll count them down all Casey Casem Top 40-like...cue jingle! (Towels at the ready...)

10. I Feel Possessed (Mp3)
...we are one person not two of a kind...
9. Black And White Boy (Mp3)
..and you run like a cat to the cream / and you're acting so nice it's obscene...
8. Don't Dream It's Over (Mp3)
...try to catch the deluge in a paper cup...
7. In My Command (Mp3)
desolate in anger and safe in isolation / you're about to be the victim of a holy visitation...
6. Kare Kare (Mp3)
..i've got my senses on / and this is the only place that I always run from...
5. Fingers Of Love (Mp3)

i hear the endless murmur / every blade of grass that shivers in the breeze...
4. Walking On The Spot (Mp3)
the odd times we slip / and slither down the dark hall / fingers point from old windows / an eerie shadow falls...
3. Private Universe (Mp3)
no time, no place to talk about the weather / the promise of love is hard to ignore / who said the chance wasn't getting any better / the labor of love is ours to endure...
2. Into Temptation (Mp3)
...as I turned to go / you looked at me for half a second...
1. Not the Girl You Think You Are (Mp3)
...and all the people that you know / will turn their heads as you go by / but you'll be hard to recognize / with the top down and the wind blowing, blowing...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The almighty "Together Alone" is well represented.

I'm just bitter that there's a decent chance a good slew of these will be performed live tonight mere miles from where I live...and I won't be there to see/hear.

Can you indulge this CH bit for just another day and report back Monday with a review of sorts?

Jon said...

Alrighty then, a recap/review to follow...

Anonymous said...

As a huge Crowdie myself, thought you're list was a little too "Together Alone" focused. hard to believe nothing from "Woodface" (my favorite album). Nonetheless, always a treat to come across others who appreciate Neil and company! Looking forward to your review of the show. Enjoy.

Jon said...

I anticipated the comment about Woodface...it's obvioulsy well done...although a bit too sunny and chirpy for my taste alone.

Then there's the Tim thing...

Anonymous said...

Not the Girl You Think You Are would be my No. 1 too. My second choice, however, did not make your list. That would be Sister Madly. The band gave a great perfomance of that one on the old Letterman show 20 years ago. Was really hoping someone posted it on youtube. Sigh. Afraid not. Great list, TVD!!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to argue with any of your choices, but I would have definitely found a spot for Fall At Your Feet.

Jon said...

...hence all of the hand-wringing. So much to chose from...

Great show last night, BTW. I'll post more in the coming days...