Monday, May 5, 2008

TVD's Daily Wax | Better Than Ezra "How Does Your Garden Grow?"


College rock. Just those two words together in a sentence make me want to hurl. REM, Camper Van Beethoven, They Might be Giants, 10,000 Maniacs, Cracker, Blind Melon, Pearl Jam, et al...keep it. Keep all of it.

But how then to justify my BTE love? It's impossible - but there it is. OK, maybe it's not impossible. This could be the best LP of that loathsome era of 90's godawful "alternative" radio...and that's not damning with faint praise.

As I wrote at Fun and Heartbreak and referenced last Friday, I was out of town at the New Orleans Jazz Fest when I got the news that my friend Anne had killed herself. If there's ever a reason to jump on a plane and get home, that was it...but I was convinced to stay in town and that night was persuaded that seeing BTE at Tip's was probably the better idea than just sitting in the hotel room drinking. A lot. So, BTE takes the stage on a sticky, humid New Orleans night and opens with a loopy, slow and mournful "Live Again." And that was sweat streaming down my face just then. Really.


Better Than Ezra - Je Ne M'en Souviens Pas (Mp3)
Better Than Ezra - One More Murder (Mp3)
Better Than Ezra - At The Stars (Mp3)
Better Than Ezra - Live Again (Mp3)
Better Than Ezra - Everything In 2's (Mp3)

No comments: