Thursday, March 20, 2008

TVD's Daily Wax | Aztec Camera "High Land, Hard Rain"


...reminds me that the smallest, most innocuous of events--in this case, a rainy afternoon, mid-Fall trip to another record store (Record World in Seaview Square Mall--where yours truly would ultimately find employment)...could pay the largest dividends many years on. So, you parents out there, pull your kids away from Guitar Hero for one afternoon and take them to an honest-to-goodness, brick-and-mortar record store. Many years down the line they might find themselves eternally grateful--and who knows--they may even blog about it some day...

Aztec Camera - Back On Board (Mp3)
Aztec Camera - Down The Dip (Mp3)
Aztec Camera - Haywire (Mp3)
Aztec Camera - Orchid Girl (Mp3)
Aztec Camera - We Could Send Letters (Mp3)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that by the time I do have kids, there actually will still be such things as actual brick-and-mortar record stores. It's really quite distressing.

All the more reason to head out and drop some coin on April 19th, of course!

Great album, by the way. I have a soft spot for anything Roddy Frame, though I stopped paying attention after Stray. One of my best and earliest concert experiences involved seeing Aztec Camera play Gaston Hall on the campus of Georgetown. This was in support of "Love". Miracle Legion opened. What a great show it was!

Jon said...

I was at that show! Second row center given the GA seating arrangement. (A short time before this show, I sat front row center for The Blue Nile.) Met the diminutive Roddy Frame that night as well, along with Gary Sanford, the original Joe Jackson band guitarist who was in the band at the time. Thanks for the flashback...!

davyh said...

Marty bought it down in Devon and I taped it. Later when he came to see me at college in London we took the train down to Brighton for the day and I brought the cassette along. We took turns listening to it through my big foamy Walkman headphones. It was cold and the air was heavy with ozone. We could send letters.

Jon said...

Every pixel tells a story.