Friday, March 14, 2008

TVD Shuffle Bored | March 14, 2008


......hello? Is this thing on...? *check...check* Ok....wow - well, I'm not used to having to actually WRITE this blog any longer after the atypical week just passed here at TVD. There've been new artists, news, and even some SXSW coverage from Kieran of Delorentos - who I'd like to thank immensely for reporting from Austin. Between pints, broken guitars, and getting tossed from Coyote Ugly, it's been quite a ride and I'm indebted to them for having taken us along. (Pints on me boys if you ever get to DC!) I'd also like to thank all of the artists who were featured last week for just saying hello and sending their stuff along. It's been a pleasure and I'm sorry we couldn't get to everybody. And for those of you who have missed the normal goings-on here at TVD--don't worry--next week things get back to normal and get back to the personal. (Very personal.) 'Til then your Friday randomness awaits:

Marshall Crenshaw - Mary Anne.mp3
T-Rex - Metal Guru.mp3
Suede - My Dark Star.mp3
Real Life - Catch Me I'm Falling.mp3
The Babys - Sweet 17.mp3

2 comments:

whiteray said...

By golly, I got here on Friday morning this time -- with chili and hot dogs heating on the stove for an early lunch. What else is on the menu?

1. "Déjà Vu" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young from "Déjà Vu" (1970).

2. "Pontiac Blues" by Sonny Boy Williamson II, Trumpet 145 (1951).

3. "Love Will Find A Way" by Pablo Cruise, A&M 2048 (1978).

4. "Mystic Astrologic Crystal Band Theme" by the Mystic Astrologic Crystal Band, from (guess?) "Mystic Astrologic Crystal Band" (1968).

5. "Fais-Do" by Redbone, Epic 8323, a UK single, I believe (1972).

Jimbromski said...

I'm always late to this. Here goes:

1--"If You're Feeling Sinister," Belle & Sebastian
2--"Where Is My Love," Cat Power
3--"Another Genius Idea From Our Government," Erase Errata
4--"Mezzanine," Massive Attack
5--"Sylvan Screen," Olivia Tremor Control

Man, I hate that Erase Errata, what a terrible song.