Thursday, December 20, 2007

TVD's Daily Wax | ABC "The Lexicon of Love"


I'm reminded of how the Melody Maker would often do reviews of shows or new releases. Everett True, for example, would ostensibly be writing about this or that -- and never even mention this or that. Just a free-form, associative meandering on the page. Worthwhile reading, for sure - just not, shall we say, pertinent to the topic.

Twenty five years ago this LP was a gift for the holidays. Lightening lamps of memories.


ABC - Tears Are Not Enough (Mp3)
ABC - 4 Ever 2 Gether (Mp3)
ABC - Many Happy Returns (Mp3)
ABC - Date Stamp (Mp3)
ABC - All Of My Heart (Mp3)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this album.

Imposs1904 said...

I still think this is the most perfect pop album of the 1980s.

Anonymous said...

Yup, a perfect album- well said. I still don't think any of the cd releases- and I have some re-re-mastered version get it right. All of them are very loud and brittle sounding. In this case, stick with the, errrr... vinyl. Shamus

marmiteboy said...

This is still one of the greatest pop albums of the 80's and possibly of all time. I am an unashamed ABC fan.