Friday, November 16, 2007

TVD Recalls the 70's | Day Ten: 1979

Styx - Babe (Mp3)
Player - Baby Come Back (Mp3)
Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy (Mp3)
ELO - Don't Bring Me Down (Mp3)
Chic - Good Times (Mp3)
Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger (Mp3)
Blondie - Heart Of Glass (Mp3)
Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me (Mp3)
KISS - I Was Made For Loving You (Mp3)
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive (Mp3)
Supertramp - Logical Song (Mp3)
Donna Summer - MacArthur Park (Mp3)
The Knack - My Sharona (Mp3)
Peaches & Herb - Reunited (Mp3)
Anita Ward - Ring My Bell (Mp3)
Supertramp - Breakfast in America (Mp3)
Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven (Mp3)
Bee Gees - Tragedy (Mp3)
Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes (Mp3)

. . .pshew. . . that was some flashback I just had. Wood paneling, shag carpets, Dynamite magazine, radio earphones for just ONE ear, Fantastic Four, corduroys, chicken pox, lunchboxes, black and white TV, Saturday cartoons. . . almost felt like the '70's there for a minute. Didn't it?


Anonymous said...

Take a Look at my Girlfriend or Breakfast in America?



Mushi Loola said...

Breakfast In America.

And, there was no better version of "Do Ya' Think I'm Sexy" then the version by Bob & Ray (and Jane, Loraine & Gilda) on Saturday Night Live, that same year. If you can find it — enjoy it — and agree with me. Solid, and hilarious. (As, has been every post here traveling through the 70's! Thanks!)

jb said...

This series has been righteous in every way. Thanks a lot.

Sila Lumenn said...

What an amazing ride this has been! Thank you, TVD. You rock!

Davy H said...

Maybe you dreamt the whole thing. But WHAT a dream...


...more and more these days it feels like that's all it might have been - a dream. (Advancing years and all...)

It's weird too that I didn't feel the real need for any commentary on these 70's posts for the most part, preferring that the tunes just incite the memories and speak for themselves -- that inner conversation for all of us.

Odd, indeed.

Any major dude with half a heart said...

Did we live in the same house in the '70s? Same music, similar taste trajectory as mine.

Well, I found a couple of songs I did not yet have, but the overlap is quite amazing, I thought.